Re: RE: RE: Engine pinging more than you think...

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sat May 16 1998 - 06:45:59 EDT

My opinion on this (and its only my opinion) is that there is no such thing
as "bogus" or "false" codes...

The computer that runs the truck is sensing something that it dont like.....

The truck may seem like its running fine, but who knows??

Like I said, I could be way off, here....But, why would there be such a
thing as a "false code".....?

At 05:56 PM 5/14/98 EDT, you wrote:

><< Lance writes: ... This is a signal that can be cleared by plugging into
> the diagnostic port under your steering column. >>
>
>what exactly does it take to trigger the truck into 'limp mode' ... how can
>you tell if it is.... right now I have an error code list about 2 sheets
>long... but the truck runs fine.
>
>ttyl
>patrick
>97 SS/T (w/ custom bogus codes) :-)

"M ove O ver, P ickup A pproacing R apidly!"
1992 Dakota 4x4, Standard cab, short bed, 5.2 L V8, K&N, Gibson/Dynomax
exhaust,Power Puleys, MP SBEC, 180 degree thermostat, Bushwhackers,
tire/wheel package, Lund Moonvisor & Interceptor, Custom Cover tonneau,
Bundy rear bumper, chrome grillguard/pushbar

see http://www.usaor.net/users/zavetsky for pictures!

MOPAR or NOCAR!