Re: MPI (Houston) ? ? ?

From: svieth@ameritech.net
Date: Sat May 16 1998 - 02:45:52 EDT

> >Repairing a rearend is simple auto mechanics. I'm talking about
> the nearly black art of porting and polishing. There are very few shops
> that are capable of doing a first class job.
>
> Tony

I'll have to disagree with you on that one. Anyone with a Dremel
tool and some spare time can port heads, intake manifolds and exhaust
manifolds.

The Chrysler dealership in Madison that my buddy took his truck to
couldn't figure out how to properly shim everything to get the right
angles on the gears.

>From everything that I have read, setting up a rear-end is a black
art that is best left to the "experts" (and not every dealership
has these experts on staff).

-Scott

"No, Homer, very few cartoons are broadcast live. It's a
terrible strain on the illustrator's wrist."