Re: Bed liners

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sun May 17 1998 - 00:05:06 EDT

I'm not sure how long it takes, but then again, I've never really
checked. I took the bedliner out of my 88 when I got it in 95 and there
was a substantial amount of paint rubbed off, but it was shiny metal
exposed, not rust or anything. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-drop in
or anything, but I'm really worried about rust cuz' it shoots your resale
to hell. I say, if it's cheap, get the one from the dealer! Hell, free
bed liner! Can't beat it!
-mike sykes

miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com
88V6LE3.55AUTO

"You never know just how you look through other people's eyes"
                                                  -Butthole Surfers

On Sat, 16 May 1998 00:11:28 -0400 Skeptic X <SkepticX@negia.net> writes:
>Mike P Sykes wrote:
>
>> Bed liners are pretty straight-forward, shouldn't be a problem
>finding a
>> good deal on one. Any place that sells Camper Shells probably sells
>> bedliners too. I was fortunate enough to have my bedliner come with
>my
>> Dak when I bought it.... lucky me, I guess. The guy who installed it
>> before I got it used some crappy clips or something and it rubbed
>most of
>> the paint of my bed.
>
>I keep "hearing" people talking about the paint being worn off by bed
>liners
>as if it takes a few minutes after installation. What's a reasonable
>guess as
>to how long it -really- takes? I expect it will depend upon what you
>haul,
>but can anyone offer any sort of estimate? I'm wondering if I should
>even let
>the dealership I'm buying my Dakota from get it -close- to one of the
>free
>bed liners they're offering this month, the way you people make it
>sound in
>here!
>
>Skeptic X

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]