RE: Gas mileage

From: Ayotte, Glen (ayotteg@espn.com)
Date: Sun May 17 1998 - 16:11:07 EDT

Chris,

I had the same question not to long ago. I have a V8, so I can't tell
you much about the V6. I will relay a story I got from a friend, who
does have a 97 3.9L. He said that he was getting horrible gas mileage
when he first got his truck. His old DAK, I don't know what year it
was, but it had over 130,000 miles on it, was getting better mileage.
He brought it to the dealer and now he is getting better mileage. I
think they reset the computer or something. He really didn't say what
they did, but I don't think they replaced anything. Hope this help
you.....

Glenn Ayotte
Bristol, CT