RE: R12 to R134a Conversion

From: SCOTT THOMAS (sthomas1@bully.net)
Date: Tue May 19 1998 - 00:02:12 EDT

I recently had a Ford conversion van changed over. I had a mechanic friend
of mine do it and it came out a little more than $100.00. This included 2
conversoin kits as well as the new freon ( 2 kits because the van has front
and rear air, 2 condensers). Simply putting R12 in was gonna cost something
like $120-$140 dollars. Stuff works great on the highway, not quite as
good on stop and go driving, but for the cost savings, well worth the
conversion in my opinion.
Good Luck
SCOOTER