Re: The R/T's debut @ thestrip/Mason-Dixon/Englishtownshows

From: Kabuki2 (Kabuki2@AOL.COM)
Date: Tue May 19 1998 - 11:43:02 EDT

<< It has been proven time and again on rear wheel dynos that changing to a
good synthetic oil can free up as much as 10 hp. Plus, you can go longer
between oil changes (if you continue to change the filter) and it provides
superior protection for your motor >>

I would really like to see this. I remember reading something that you might
gain a tenth by changing your motor oil, transmission fluid, and rear end lube
to a overpriced synthetic but if you consider the cost I don't think it's
worth it.

I've never seen the advantage of synthetics, every motor we've ever had has
always run Castrol GTX 20-50 .... anywhere from a $15,000 911 engine to a $200
briggs and straton lawnmower engine, this also includes all our new vehicles.
Well, I take that back, I ran Mobil 1 in my Streetbike, and it had a
transmission failure. :)

ttyl
patrick