Re: Just will not start sometimes??

From: John L. Maass (mtdew@wans.net)
Date: Tue May 19 1998 - 22:06:19 EDT

--------------B8436FEB9D027354CFD64AE9

Hello, possibly I just went through the same thing with my '94 Dak, with
a 3.9 and 5spd. The guy I asked said it was the starter and that this
was common when the vehicle reached around 80 to 100 thousand miles. My
problem was that I would just get a click when I would try to start it.
Just a guess maybe.

John Maass

Tony Sarro wrote:

> I have a 91 LE 5.2V8 and sometimes the damn thing just will not
> start. It usually would rememdy itself real quick and start on the
> next try. What would usually happen is that if it wouldnt start I
> would take the key all the way out and put it back in a away I would
> go. Yesterday it would not start at all. I checked all the plug
> wires and everything I knew to check and nothing would make it start.
> I went out and bought a new ignition coil and put it on with all new
> plug wires and it started right up. Promblem solved right, NOT.
> Today at work it just didnt want to start again but after waiting and
> trying two more times it started out and has started up 4 more times
> on the first try since. I pulled the codes and I get a code 42. In
> my Haynes book this is suppose to be the Automatic Shutdown Relay.
> Jon posted and said this could also be a couple of different things
> that the factory manual says also gives a 42 code. But I cant
> remember them. I looked at the fuse block under the hood and there is
> a auto shutdown relay in it and I tested it with 12v power supply and
> it opened a closed fine. I would really like and suggestions that you
> guys might have. Thanks in advance and sorry this post is so
> long.Tony Sarrotonyms@acadiacom.net91 LE Reg Cab 5.2l V8

--------------B8436FEB9D027354CFD64AE9

<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
Hello, possibly I just went through the same thing with my '94 Dak, with
a 3.9 and 5spd. The guy I asked said it was the starter and that
this was common when the vehicle reached around 80 to 100 thousand miles.
My problem was that I would just get a click when I would try to start
it. Just a guess maybe.

John Maass

Tony Sarro wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE> <FONT COLOR="#000000"><FONT SIZE=-1>I have
[...]
in advance and sorry this post is so long.</FONT></FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"><FONT SIZE=-1>Tony
Sarro</FONT></FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"><FONT SIZE=-1>tonyms@acadiacom.net</FONT></FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"><FONT SIZE=-1>91
LE Reg Cab 5.2l V8</FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>

</BODY>
</HTML>

--------------B8436FEB9D027354CFD64AE9--