Re: Re: Just will not start sometimes??

From: Scott May (scott@digital-marketplace.net)
Date: Wed May 20 1998 - 00:21:20 EDT

Tony,

     I had an ignition problem with my '93 LE V6. I replaced the coil,
hall effect sensor and a couple other items. They all improved the
performance with the 90K miles I had.

     Finally had to have it towed to the dealer. They found that the
power wire to the computer was broken. Said the first time they
found it on a Dak, it took them 3 days. Luckily they only hit me
for an hour of labor. If I had my wits about me I would have picked up
on the fact that one of the codes in the computer was that the power
had been lost within the last 50 starts. Don't remember the code.
Obviously not the first time they had seen the problem. Symptoms were
almost identical to yours. Something to check out.

    BTW - Someone had done a poor job of fixing mine the first time,
          and that is what caused my problem. Unfortunately I didn't
          own it the first time.

Scott May
'98 Sport+ 5.2L, 5sp, 3.55SG,
4WAL, Tow, OH Console & security