RE: DML Digest V3 #833

From: Michael & Jeannine Reynolds (jeanninemike@fuse.net)
Date: Thu May 21 1998 - 19:21:06 EDT

Tuesday night I took my '98 Dakota Sport 5.2L 4X4 CC into the dealership =
for them to look at the paint chipping from the front bumper and the =
pinging. After looking at it, the service writer said that there was a =
TSB (didn't give a number) concerning the idle purge solenoid that can =
cause pinging. They ordered me a new one, and want to see if this takes =
care of the pinging. The black paint on my bumper has the clear coat =
peeling off, so they want to repaint the top (black part) of my bumper. =
Anyone else had this problem? I'll keep you all posted on the engine =
ping fix. Hopefully it will do the trick! Thanks for all the helpful =

Michael Reynolds
'98 Dakota Sport 4X4 CC
5.2L, Flame Red