Re: Re: I give up! Cams and rockers

From: N2mopars (N2mopars@AOL.COM)
Date: Thu May 21 1998 - 21:22:40 EDT

<< I ran that Comp Cams grind thru my
 Desktop Dyno last night for kicks. The plot can be seen at
 http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7877/cam.jpg . The solid lines
 represent a slighty tweaked 5.2L (muffler, ported/polished throttle body).
 The torque figure seems a bit on the high side but this software also
 assumes testing on an engine dyno.

 The dashed line represents the power levels with simply the cam change. Of
 all the profiles I've plugged into this (Magnum R/T, Crower's regrind,
 another Comp profile someone gave me, and the 380 crate motor grind) this
 one by far is the best I've seen for a street driven truck. It beats the
 R/T, brings peak power in sooner than the Crower, and has way more low end
 torque than the 380 crate grind. The Magnum R/T grind fell somewhere
 inbetween these two graphs. >>

Which Comp Cams cam is it? What are the specs on it?

Brad