You can cheat!

From: jim miller (jmiller@eramp.net)
Date: Fri May 22 1998 - 08:45:41 EDT

> I just discovered that there is an upper radiator hose that will allow
> proper clearance for a 14" open-element air cleaner. I did check the
> clearance over the A/C lines with a piece of 2x4, and there is no
> interference with the hood or hood pad.
>
> Now if we could just come up with some way to cheat it forward to relieve
> some of the firewall
> blockage...hmm??? YOU CAN!!!!!!
> Steve

If you make your own bottom plate out of aluminum plate you can cut the
center hole off center and then use a S bolt with a bigger bend to bring the
top forward also.Probably wouldn't take much!Cadillacs made in the early 70s
did this on their factory air cleaners. They had an S bolt also.
I am sure it doesn't matter if the air cleaner is slightly off center. You
might also rotate the off center slightly to help clear the upper radiator
hose also!
Jim Miller
Waco, Tx