Re: Attn; Mike S DML:360 attn: Erick

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sun May 24 1998 - 17:10:19 EDT

I agree! Money is always a problem for me. I'm thinking of doin' the Junk
Yard thing. Find a wrecked Ram with a 360 or Van with one and take it.
Probably a good deal cheaper. I also hear that machine shops will sell
blocks that never get picked up. There is a machine shop in Winchester
Va that gets all theses blocks to machine over and the people never come
get them. A mechanic friend of mine got a 327 block that had been bored
.0030 over for $50!!! I might have to give them a call..... I'll post
what they have and how much they want for it.
-mike sykes

88, V6, LE, 3.55, AUTO-
miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com

"Get outta' da' Ice Cream Truck! Dis' is a Jack move, sucka' "
                                        - Don't be a Menace to South
Central.....

On Sat, 23 May 1998 22:50:22 EDT Rekker21 <Rekker21@AOL.COM> writes:
>Yeah Mike, thats all there is too it!! Me and a friend did it in 3
>days
>working about 8 hours or so a day while my wife and kids were in
>California!!
>About that Crate motor, That was what I wanted to do but figured if
>I'm
>spending 3500 bucks for a built 360 then what can I do for 3500 if I
>already
>have a stock 360!! Cam, Computor, pulleys, I already have duals,needs
>headers, all thats less than a grand so come up with another 3200 and
>supercharge it!! More bang for the buck and you did it all!! That
>sounds
>more fun to me!! But I have the same problem!! No money!! But
>theres hope!!
>This August I get to do all that!! If my wife lets me!!!!!!
>Eric K
>
>In a message dated 98-05-23 21:00:27 EDT, you write
><<
> Wow! That's all? I thought it was gonna' be a cutting and grinding
>and
> buying and everything swapped kind of thing. I'm thinking of finding
> junked V8 Dak and gettin' the tranny, then get the MP 380 Crate
>motor,
> electric fans, and turn the key! Should be fun.... now if I could
>just
> find some money.... =)
> -mike sykes
>
> 88, V6, LE, 3.55, AUTO-
> miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com
>
> "Get outta' da' Ice Cream Truck! Dis' is a Jack move, sucka' "
> - Don't be a Menace to South
> Central.....
>
> On Fri, 22 May 1998 23:20:40 EDT Rekker21 <Rekker21@AOL.COM> writes:
> >In a message dated 98-05-22 22:59:03 EDT, you write:
> >
> ><< 5.9 huh? Did you swap out a 318 for the 5.9 or a V6. I've been
> >wanting to
> > do this for a while, but I haven't gathered much info on it. I have
> > aV6.... what all did you have to do? >>
> >
> >Yup! I ordered it originally with a 5.2. It was simple really! No
>
> >mods
> >besides the actual swop! I have a 5spd so I had to change
>flywheels,
> >but
> >other than that its all the same. Now if youre swopping from a V6
>its
> >more
> >involved. For one the manual trans is different fromV6 to V8 only
> >because the
> >V8 is heavy duty and the 6 isn't. Mine is the NV3500. The auto
>goes
> >by the
> >same rule I think. You will also want to change your suspension too.
>
> >Those 8's
> >are very torquey! But thats not manditory.Oh I almost forgot!! I
>had
> >to use
> >the 5.2 oil pan because the 5.9 was out of a Van and the pan wouldnt
>
> >fit
> [...]

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]