Repairs..

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Mon May 25 1998 - 00:34:00 EDT

Been busy at work, so I haven't been participating much on the DML, but I
have been reading.

I had my Dakota in the shop last week, seems 2 out of 3 pieces that hold
the AC clutch centered
in the AC pullie broke (?), and I had to have the clutch replaced. $238.00
(60 of that was labor)...
OUCH. The AC would work, the clutch would engage fine, problem was when the
clutch was suppose
to free up. With it being held off-center, the edges of the clutch assembly
would rub on the pullie, and
make an terrible metal-metal sound.

88000+ miles now, and my next repair will be the leaky distributor O-ring
(2nd one).

Recent vehicle challenges:

Had a M5 mess with me last week, tailgating, flashing his lights, etc.
Seems
that 80 mph in the fast lane (me) isn't fast enough for him... So I dropped
to 4th,
and nailed it... Somewhere between the shift 4th-5th he caught me, but for
brief time he was behind me :P

Had two run ins with Ford Rangers: one was a 4.0, the other a 5.0! The 4.0
was
a simple 1-2-3 bye bye from the lights. The 5.0 was a surprise, but it too
was no
big deal... He was with me through the 1st mile (fwy), but as soon as I
turned off the
AC, and put my windows up... he he...

Final challenge was from a Ford Lightning. Not a modified one, but a bone
stock
lightning (possibly with exhaust mods). I've seen this guy a bunch of
times, but never in the
right place or right time. Wednesday I had him right along side me on the
fwy, looked over,
he looked at me, and off we went... 60-100+ I had him, then we had traffic
ahead, and I
backed off, he kept going... What a nut! Oh well...He was probably xxssed
that I had him by
3/4 truck length...

I am selling my jeep to get a 'work truck' to stop putting all of the miles
on my Dakota. Once that
happens, I might go for a few more goodies for my '95.... This truck will
be with me for a while,
so I already to rebuild the engine if it needs it...

Sam '95 SLT