Re: FABM noise

From: Amanda (akelly@tir.com)
Date: Mon May 25 1998 - 20:15:51 EDT

At 06:25 PM 5/25/98 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 5/25/98 10:11:38 PM !!!First Boot!!!, spm@c3net.net
writes:

><< Remember that the 14" 1221 requires a spacer to eliminate the
> interference with the alternator brase bolt. It'll fit without the spacer
> but just sit a little crooked. >>
>
>I installed my 14" without a spacer and it sits perfectly level. I keep
>hearing people complain about "not enough room" or "doesn't fit
right"...but l
>know mine has enough room and sits on there like it belongs. There will be a
>certain amount on whistling noise associated with the mod. That is normal.
>What you are hearing is your engine sucking down the extra air. The fact
that
>it sucks down the extra air this readily should show you how much it has
>needed it all along. There are some pics of it at:

  I don't mean to drone on about this, but the only way I could see that
  the air cleaner was raised a bit, was by sliding a razor blade under
  the of the air cleaner and throttle body.Maybe yours is different,I
  ground the bolt and slightly ball peened the cleaner. Just don't
  want you to breathe dirty air.

  Tony