FABM squeal - filtered breather

From: Sean_Meldrum@ittauto.com
Date: Tue May 26 1998 - 07:39:00 EDT

>Hey...l have never heard of this one. Can you please pass some more info
on
>this? Does this replace the factory breather hose? I would love to get
rid
>of the nasty looking red hose l have now.
>Russ

     Any auto parts shop that's got chrome valve covers on the shelf should
have one. It'll look very similar to the breather in the truck now but
without the nipple. They have an internal filter and are typically vented
on the bottom. They can occasionally leave a bit of a light oil residue on
the valve cover right underneath them when runnin' two (replacing the pcv
valve as well). Never ran one with a pcv so you may not have this occur.
They also come in an open element style that looks like a little 3"
diameter air cleaner (FABM jr.?). These would allow you to eliminate the
hose and cap off the nipple on the air cleaner can.

****** 97 RPM Dakota - 14.98 @ 91.76 ******

sean meldrum
Email @ Home: spm@c3net.net
Email @ Work: sean_meldrum@ittauto.com