380 crate motor swap

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Tue May 26 1998 - 17:42:52 EDT

<snip>But I really don't think
>the Magnum crate motor is the Magnum Sean is talking about. If you read in
>the catalog you supply a carbuerator (sp?) not a TB or anything.
>
>Lost and confused

        Naah....you ain't confused. I was back and forth talkin' about both. But
you *could* run the EFI on the crate motor if ya got a custom EEPROM burned
or ran DFI. Be a big ole' PITA tho. The crate motor comes with a
distributor and spark box but the easier setup would be a MSD distributor
that would just plug right into a 6? box.

 I'd be curious as to just how much the computer runs and exactly how much
can ya disconnect and have non-engine related things function. Could you
yank the EFI, install a carb and matching distributor, and still allow the
computer to handle the voltage regulation, guages, etc. Granted the CEL
would light but would everthing else function?

*************1997 RPM Dakota --- 14.98 @ 91.76***********
 sean meldrum
email: Home: spm@c3net.net
          Work: sean_meldrum@ittauto.com