RE: removing decals

From: Trevor Pontbriand (cadex_3@ids.net)
Date: Thu May 28 1998 - 22:21:06 EDT

>I am confused! If I wanted a truck without decals I could have ordered a
base
>model. If I take the sport decals off won't everyone just think I bought
the
>"cheepie" Never understood dechroming, popular in the 50s. Just buy a
cheepie
>and no chrome. Why pay extra for something only to take it off. Somebody
please
>help me understand.

Personally, I am only interested in removing the decals because I want to
RE-place them with another color. I LIKE the decals, I just would have
chosen different color scheme had I been the designer of such things.
As far as the issue of dechroming goes, I've got another question. Can you
paint something chrome, say at a body shop, or is it another process
altogether? Is there such a thing as chrome paint?
I bought a pair of PIAA fog laps tonight! For the two outside holes in the
center of the bumper on '98's. Should look way cool with all 6 on, as long
as no cops are around ;-)

-Trevor
'98 Dakota Sport 4x4