Re: RE: removing decals

From: rti1pmp@ismd.ups.com
Date: Fri May 29 1998 - 16:12:11 EDT

>I used some yellow-clear fluid called "Goo Gone". The packaging claims
>it's a "petroleum distillate", though it doesn't warn of flammability.
>It smells like lemon.

This rings a bell ... In my local dirtbike shop they sell a citrus
smelling decal remover that dirt riders use to remove decals from their
dirt bikes.

This stuff, and lots of patience, will remove all sign of that white
residue (my truck is Emerald Green, too -- the white really shows). You
may want to visit a high-pressure "u-wash" place, where you can put the
wand right on the affected area to speed things up.

>If you don't have fingernails, you'll need some substitute (sharpened
>plastic spatula, maybe?).

a bondo spreader/applicator at the local chain store ...

     Matt