AUTO vs. 5speed

From: Scott Miller (shelbydakota@usa.net)
Date: Sat May 30 1998 - 00:54:48 EDT

<< It helps but there are still a lot of things you need that a auto can't
> help,
> like a good reaction time. Me I can probably get the worst light of any one
> out there and at the same time be the red light champion of the year. Now
> there hain't no tranny that will cure that is there ?
>
> <<Try being
> consistent with a 5 speed! WEE HEE! >>
>
> Now Jon has been doing a pretty good job there but I still don't think that
> he's not missed a shift or two ?
>
> Bill >>
> Missing a shift once in a while happens, especially in the upper R range, but
> the more you do it the better you get. I just enjoy the stick, more control
> ya know! Besides, arent some of you auto guys manually shiftin!! I seem to
> recall someone saying they do it. Its all a matter of preference.

I've been a shift'n the auto in my shelby since about day #4. I do all kinds of
good shifts, you know yankin' her down into 2nd. gear doing about 45 so the tach
will go up in the 4000 rpm range and create this awesome exhaust note through
the Flowmasters. I know my tranny is gonna fly apart sooner or later, so why
not sooner. Then again I'm only 18 yrs old and this is normal? Right???

Ah, anyways to each his own, I don't want a five speed (I guess I don't have
enough foot coordination or something) so I'll keep shifting my auto. I look at
it this way, I'm doing the work for the auto, so it should last longer Right?

Later

Scott Miller
Shelby #322
Bored to death at work