4 Bangers was: Digest V3 #856

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sat May 30 1998 - 19:46:22 EDT

snip
<<<<<<< Yep! That's for sure! :-) There are a lot of Honda and
Mitsubishi
econo-boxes out there turning easy 9's. Its amazing how much power
you can get out of one of those small displacement 4-bangers with
nitrous and a turbocharger! =) (600-800HP out of a couple of liters
is not unheard of)>>>>>>>

yeah, mad HP, but where's the torque? Almost no Low-end on those cars.
They are really sluggish up untill about 3000 to 3500 when the turbo
spools up.... I'll take Cubes over Chemicals any day =)
Rode with a guy in a 12 second Accord, we raced a 12 second Stang and saw
nothing but Tailights the whole time... if we'd had about another mile,
we might have caught him.... eventually. The Accord owner was very
upset... kept saying "I coulda' had em'... he got the jump on me"... poor
guy, the Stang whooped him bad, with wheelspin and everything. No
Burnout, no nothing.... just my little something on this issue =)
-mike sykes

88, V6, LE, 3.55, SlushBox
miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com

"I kick my rhymes like Pele"

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]