Re: Engine Noise

From: svieth@ameritech.net
Date: Tue Jun 02 1998 - 15:30:46 EDT

> If your fan is still making the roaring sound - ie. it never seems to
> return to normal, the fan clutch may be stuck engaged. The fan should be
> able to spin freely with the engine off.
>
> jeff
> 98 rc v8 5spd 3.55sg flares fipk

The fan on my '97 does *not * spin freely with the key off.
Maybe it was because I was looking at the truck when
it was a little warm but there is definitely resistance
to spinning the fan by hand.

One other thing: The "fan startup roar" is documented in the
1997 Dakota Service Manual so Mother Mopar knows about
the problem. She just never fixed it. :^)