Re: Boyd's Goes Bankrupt

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jun 04 1998 - 02:30:55 EDT

AAWWW MAN!!! Boyds make some sweet wheels too! That'll learn em' to
charge 400 per rim for 17's.... oh well, there's still Budnik and
Colorado Customs and Billet Specialties. Hope is not lost. Wish I lived
in the area to get some phat deals on some Boyd Wheels!
-mike sykes

88, V6, LE, 3.55, SlushBox
miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com

"I kick my rhymes like Pele"

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998 08:45:43 -0500 Joe.Dille@frco.com writes:
> Motorcycle Online
>
> "The World's Largest and Most-Read Digital Motorcycle Magazine
>

> Daily News 6/2/98
>
> But Bankruptcy Gets Boyd
>
> STANTON, Calif., June 1 -- A liquidation of substantially all of
>the
> physical assets of Boyds Wheels, Inc. will take place during a
>public
> auction June 3, 4, and 5 at 10:00 a.m. held on-site at 8380
>Cerritos
> Avenue in Stanton. This sale comes by order of the U.S.
>Bankruptcy
> Court.
>
> The auction is unprecedented in the wheel and related industries
> according to Adam Reich, senior vice president and partner of
>Hackman
> Capital Partners LLC -- an asset recovery firm and one of the
>entities
> managing the auction. The auction is expected to attract a
>world-wide
> audience for both its magnitude, and its timing following the
> ever-popular Indianapolis 500 race.
>
> All Boyds Wheels assets including billet and other wheel rim
> inventory, machinery, custom Harley Davidson and Boyds' Speedster
> motorcycles, Boyds sportswear and office equipment are among the
>items
> for sale.
>
> The auction comes as a result of the recent Chapter 11 filing of
>Boyds
> Wheels, Inc. in January and part of its reorganization plan.
>
> Boyds has been evaluating the merits of several offers that it
>has
> received from competitors and others to acquire the remaining
>assets
> of the company, including intellectual property and wheel
>designs,
> through a merger.
>
> Boyds Wheels, Inc. posted substantial losses last year when its
>sales
> plummeted to $16 million from its highest year in sales of $27.9
> million in 1996. The downfall is blamed on a slump that hit the
>market
> after Boyds spent millions on expanding its manufacturing
>facilities.
> After an intensive review of the environment and the company's
> operations, its Board of Directors determined that a major
> reorganization and Chapter 11 filing was necessary.
>
> Founded in 1988, Boyds Wheels, Inc. designs, manufactures and
>markets
> high-quality aluminum wheels and related products for the
>specialty
> automotive and motorcycle aftermarkets.
>
> Drive Safe,
>
> Joe Dille
> (joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]