Re: FABM14: First report (Scott)

From: Mike Catlin (Catlin@erols.com)
Date: Thu Jun 04 1998 - 09:03:33 EDT

> - -Scott wrote:
> I received my FABM14 kit from Summit today.
> The parts are:
> EDL-1221 air cleaner (with paper element)
> EDL-8093 spacer
> SUM-239143 noname 14 x 3 reusable cotton gauze filter
>
> When assembled, this thing is HUGE!!
>
> It's a great deal larger than the FABM10 that I am currently running
> on my '97 Dakota.
>
> When time permits, I'm going to try the air cleaner on my
> truck with and without the spacer to verify the reports
> of interference with the alternator or A/C bracket.
>
> I also have the FABC (Fresh Air by Catlin) kit on order:
> The FABC consists of the following parts which I have
> on order with Summit:
> Mopar Performance P5249807 Cast air cleaner system (14")
> K&N 1530 reusable cotton gauze filter

"snip"

> - -Scott
> '97 Dak

Scott,
I'm using the E-1530 K&N temporarily until the
P5249011 K&N from MP I ordered comes in. The
1530 will be a little small (but will work) in
the diameter size. I will post what the MP
filter looks like when it comes in (diameter,
thickness ect.) I would use the MP filter since it
should be the largest filter for this air cleaner.
Let us know what your results of the two are.

Mike Catlin