Re: shoulder harness failure

From: Tony Mastres (mastres@id.ucsb.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 04 1998 - 14:55:06 EDT

> Hitting a guardrail head on is potentially life threatening in any vehicle,
>and you are lucky to be alive. I am totally against "deep pocket"
>lawsuites for things that can be expected to happen (mechanical failure). I
>hope you do not proceed with one. I do appreciate any information on Dakota
>safety harness maintenance and upgrades if necc......

Of course any accident is potentially dangerous in any vehicle, however, as
the recent crash tests have indicated , head trauma was the main culprit in
the Dakotas poor ratings.
All other injury data was equivalent or superior to the other vehicles in
the tests. Point being here is that a vehicle that eliminates or minimizes
head trauma CAN be made. If it takes a multi-million $$$ lawsuit to force
CC to think about it , so be it! If I thought customer concerns or safety
reports alone would do the trick I wouldn't advocate any legal action but
we all know what motivates a large company like Chrysler Corp. Perhaps the
Mercedes thing will inspire them to improve this safety flaw in their
vehicles.

Tony J. Mastres
Photographer
Photographic Services __