Re: k&n fipk killed my motor

From: Hoopgj@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 04 1998 - 19:15:49 EDT

>>>put in about a month ago. the offset bolt that holds the filter to the
throttle body snapped and fell into the motor.<<<<

Do you know what locktite is? If this is the same as my V8 TBI (I'm sure it
is) you replaced the stock shaft cause it was too short, with the one
supplied. Didnt you notice that the nut was loose? On mine I threaded the nut
to the bottom, then bent the shaft to distort the threads so it wouldnt wind
off the bottom. Then I hit it with some 242 locktite threadlocker (took from
work). Then sliped it thru the plate and threaded the factory fiber nut down.
(FYI incase you reinstall it)

>>>if so was there any recourse with k&n<<<<

Mod and install at your own risk!!!!
George
96 V8 Sport