Re: CC & Merc... again....

From: Klaus Wilkens (klaus@buffnet.net)
Date: Thu Jun 04 1998 - 20:15:14 EDT

Thanks for the history Jim, Actually Rambler predated Nash and the name was
revived in the 50s after Nash and Hudson merged to form AMC. In the 60s Jeep was
acquired by AMC. This is very ironic as Walter Chrysler wanted to buy Willys for
the fledgling Chrysler Corporation in the 20s (Willys sold Jeep tp kaiser who
inturn sold it to AMC). The 4.0 Jeep 6 is an AMC design. And the AMC V* fares
very well in NHRA, just watch the 390 AMXs some time!

KW