Re: k&n fipk killed my motor

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 04 1998 - 21:26:41 EDT

<< my 96 dodge dakota v-6 now has a blown motor thanks partly to the k&n fipk
 put in about a month ago. the offset bolt that holds the filter to the
 throttle body snapped and fell into the motor. i was wondering if this had
happen
 to anyone else. if so was there any recourse with k&n. the bolt was definetly
 not overtightened so i think it should not have broke. i would still like to
use
 the filter when the motor is fixed but am a little scared so any improvements
 the original design would be helpful. i am not on the list so please e-mail
 me directly.

 scott lelievre
 broken 96 dakato v-6:( >>

Strange! I went out to my truck yesterday to look at my throttle body, just
kinda wanted to get an idea of what is involved with porting it. Anyways, as
I reached for the wingnut, I bumped the aircleaner. The whole thing moved!!!!
I grabbed the wingnut and it came straight up out of the aircleaner! My s-
bolt broke!!!! Luckily the smaller part stayed screwed into the throttle
body. Actually had to use pliers to get it out, so I dont think it would of
come out, but good thing I found it. My s-bolt was actually a home made one,
as I bought my FIPK second hand. Sorry to hear about your bad deal. I will
bet anything K&N will come up with an excuse NOT to pay for your motor. Nows
the time to really go through it, maybe swap to a V8!!!

Brad