Re: FABC (Scott)

From: Mike Catlin (Catlin@erols.com)
Date: Thu Jun 04 1998 - 21:43:04 EDT

> > >Scott,
> > >I'm using the E-1530 K&N temporarily until the
> > >P5249011 K&N from MP I ordered comes in. The
> > >1530 will be a little small (but will work) in
> > >the diameter size. I will post what the MP
> > >filter looks like when it comes in (diameter,
> > >thickness ect.) I would use the MP filter since it
> > >should be the largest filter for this air cleaner.
> > >Let us know what your results of the two are.
> > >
> > >Mike Catlin
>
> Catlin-man-du:
>
> Are you sure that the P5249011 is really a
> reusable cotton gauze filter? It doesn't say
> so in the M.P. catalog.

Scottmandu, the dealer said it was and that
would explain why it's taking forever to
get here they must be picking the cotton for
my filter :~).

> Also, what size is the P4452077 filter?
> I wish they would have pics and dimensions
> for these things.

My catalog says 14" x 3-1/16" but then again
it also says my air cleaner is 14".

> If you buy the P5249011, you'll gain 1/4" in
> diameter but pay more since you are buying
> a M.P. part. I think the 1530 is a better deal.
> - -Scottmandu

I think the MP is thicker (deeper pleats) like the
paper one that came with the MP air cleaner (I'm hoping
anyway). I'll let you know if it ever gets here.

Mike Catlin