Re: Re: FABC (Catlin)

From: svieth@ameritech.net
Date: Thu Jun 04 1998 - 17:25:03 EDT

Catling gun:

> > Are you sure that the P5249011 is really a
> > reusable cotton gauze filter? It doesn't say
> > so in the M.P. catalog.
> >

> Scottmandu, the dealer said it was and that
> would explain why it's taking forever to
> get here they must be picking the cotton for
> my filter :~).

Ok, if you checked with the dealer, I'll belive you. :^)

> > Also, what size is the P4452077 filter?
> > I wish they would have pics and dimensions
> > for these things.
>
> My catalog says 14" x 3-1/16" but then again
> it also says my air cleaner is 14".

Bull pucky!!! The O.D. of the top part of that
air cleaner is only 13 1/4" on a good day. :^)

> > If you buy the P5249011, you'll gain 1/4" in
> > diameter but pay more since you are buying
> > a M.P. part. I think the 1530 is a better deal.
> > - -Scottmandu
>
> I think the MP is thicker (deeper pleats) like the
> paper one that came with the MP air cleaner (I'm hoping
> anyway). I'll let you know if it ever gets here.

Cool. Lemme know how she turns out.

I just opened the M.P. air cleaner and the K&N 1530.
That filter just doesn't fill out the air cleaner as much as I would
like. It's about 1/4" too small.

You wanna see something cool? Take the M.P. air cleaner
and sandwich a real 14" air filter in between. It looks really
neat!! Almost like a sandwich with too much meat in the middle.

I hope your M.P. air filters fit the M.P. air cleaner better than
this K&N 1530.

-Scott

"No, Homer, very few cartoons are broadcast live. It's a
terrible strain on the illustrator's wrist."