Stat by Steiger (SBS)

From: Stephan Boianoff (sboianoff@mdc.com)
Date: Fri Jun 05 1998 - 09:16:05 EDT

Since others on the list have had no problems, and since the
explanations of benefits make more sense to me than the "explanations"
of drawbacks, I went ahead with my 180 degree thermostat install last
night.
I used the same parts Jon documented on the DML homepage.
However, since my truck has less than 4K miles on it, I did not feel that a
complete coolant change was necessary. I used the siphoning tips that
Sean gave, and had very little spillage. It took me about 45 minutes
(including a little clean-up). All I had to remove was the upper hose
connection to the radiator and the outlet at the block (of course). The
only hard part of the whole deal was scraping the gasket material off of
the block mounting surface (hard to get at). Just thought I'd let you all
know.
Next up....TB port & polish...

Steve