Re: Mopar FABM for sale

From: svieth@ameritech.net
Date: Sat Jun 06 1998 - 06:50:12 EDT

> << Anyone want a Brand new Mopar Performance cast aluminum air cleaner? >>
>
> Will it take a K&N 14" filter?
> George

I posted a message about this during the week. The M.P. air cleaner
is thirteen inches in diameter. The K&N 14" diameter filter is one
inch bigger in diameter. I tried putting this combination together
in my living room when all those parts arrived and it looked really
funny.

Imagine taking a regular hamburger bun from McDonalds and then
stacking five Burger King Whopper patties in those buns. There's
a lot of meat hanging outside the bun. :^)

I'm having trouble finding the correct size K&N-style filter
that will work with the M.P. air cleaner. But an email
from www.moparts.com said that the P4452077, P5249011,
and P5249012 filters will work in the M.P. air cleaner.
They are all 12.75" air filters, but with different heights.
I sent back a reply asking for the dimensions on each part
number.

I think Catlin-mandu has one of these air filters on
order. We'll have to see how tall it is once he gets it.

-Scott