Re: Mopar FABM for sale

From: svieth@ameritech.net
Date: Sat Jun 06 1998 - 06:44:14 EDT

I'll answer a few of your questions for you...

> Jim, I'm pretty interested in buying the MP cleaner. I already have an
> Edelbrock 10" in my truck, but if I remember right isn't the MP cleaner
> something like 13 inches?

The MP air cleaner is 13" across and comes with a 12.75" paper
filter. I have one sitting in my living room waiting to be
installed. :^)

> I have a freind who wants some performance out of
> his ram so we're probably gonna put the Edelbrock in his truck. Also, what
> were you trying to get the MP cleaner to do? Lastly, how much did you pay for
> it, I don't have an MP cat. with me.

I don't know what Jim paid for his but I bought mine from Summit
for $58.69. Koller dodge has them for $55.04. www.moparts.com
has them for $48.12. Dealer parts counter price is $64.75.

> Thanks, Will
> ps. Is it that cool black one with the ribbed top?

You know it, baby! It's going to look great with my Mopar Magnum
valve covers that are sitting in the kitchen waiting to be installed.

You may be asking why I don't have the air cleaner and valve covers
installed. Well, the valve covers came with the wrong grommets so
I can't plug in my PCV valve. The grommet kit is on order with
Koller. Also, the Mopar Performance air cleaner *does not* have
a place to hook up the breather tube from the other valve cover so
I have to buy a push-in breather that will go directly into
my valve covers. There will be no breather tube running from
the valve cover to the air cleaner assembly. This part is also on
order with Koller. I'm getting a little impatient with their
delivery. My next parts order may be going to www.moparts.com.

-Scott
'97 Dak