Re: Re: DML Door locks?

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 06 1998 - 19:45:55 EDT

<<
 I had a similar problem with a 96 dak. The lever that pivots the locking
 mech. was rusted at the pivot point. The components showed signs of
 haveing corrosion resistant coatings but mine was rusted. The rivet was
 rotating with the lever. Ussaully the rivet is stationaonary and the lever
 rotates on a journal on the rivet. I would recommend flooding with lube
 before disassembly as the entire latch has to come out if still stuck.
Ive been shooting WD down through the window crack at the lock and handle,
still cant get that damn door open! Is there a way to get the pannel off with
the door closed? I think thats what Im gonna have to do!
Eric