Re: RE: What can MPI do?

From: jules (jghunter@nol.net)
Date: Tue Jun 09 1998 - 14:40:38 EDT

Jon Steiger wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, jules wrote:
>
> > WillTier@aol.com wrote:
> > >
> > > In a message dated 98-06-03 18:47:49 EDT, you write:
> > >
> > > << Not to mention the MSD that dropped more than a tenth and gained a mph or
> > > so>>
> > >
> > > I don't know if I'd believe that one.

then... why are all the serious, FAST cars at the drags running MSD 7AL,
etc...?

In my experience I found the MSD (or
> > > Jacobs) creates a loss in both ET (.2) and power over all.

don't feel msd is causing loss... i run it and LOVE it! :) jacobs...
yes

> > maybe you hooked it up wrong... huh?

> I've seen a magazine claim an E/T increase after installing a Jacobs system,

they are big $ advertisers...

> but I have yet to hear from anyone on the DML who has not experienced a loss
> after installing an aftermarket ignition.

ets are subject to many variables

 There are, in fact, three documented
> cases of losses, one with an MSD, and two with Jacobs. What's your experience
> been with aftermarket ignitinons?

msd - excellent

 You've obviously seen/sold a lot more than
> most of us have. Have you ever seen or done any dyno or stip testing to
> verify the performance changes after an ignition install?

no and not in the mags either...