Re: Re: Ram Air-vs-Open Air (Catlin on a hot tin roof)

From: svieth@ameritech.net
Date: Tue Jun 09 1998 - 18:16:18 EDT

> > Say, since there is no spot to connect the breather tube
> > on the M.P. air cleaner, what did you do with the
> > factory breather and tube?
>
> I used a Mr. Gasket 90 degree fuel line pipe and tapped it
> into the filter can base then hooked the breather hose to it.
> Worked great.

Hmmm...what was that about "necessity being
the mother of invention"? ;^)
Good solution!!

I'm thinking of just using a push-in breather in the
M.P. valve covers and not running a breather hose
to the air cleaner.

> > Did you get the K&N filter for your air cleaner yet?
> > I finally got a list of the different height filters that are
> > available through Mopar Performance that have a 12.75"
> > diameter.
> >
> > Now I just gotta pick a height.....
> >
> > - -Scott
>
> Still waiting on that K&N :~(.
> Dealer said maybe Wednesday, yea right.

I think I may order the K&N from www.moparts.com.
They've got a great price and I've gotten very quick
parts on order with Koller AND THEY'RE STARTING
TO REALLY PISS ME OFF!!!

How long does it take to order Mopar Performance stuff
from the closest Chrysler warehouse and then ship it to me?
Ugh!

If I would have ordered the parts from Summit, they would
have been here for five days already (but it would have cost
a few more bucks).

-Scott "learnin' the hard way" Vieth