Re: elevated oil pressure

From: Scott May (scott@digital-marketplace.net)
Date: Wed Jun 10 1998 - 14:09:12 EDT

My oil pressure always ran slightly higher on my '93 3.9L on
synthetic blend. I always noticed a decrease in oil pressure over
the life of an oil change, with conventional oil. Virtually no
decrease with blended.

That is one of the reasons I am going to stick with blended or very
possibly switch to full synthetic. The oil pressure guage suggests
that it is a more durable oil.

My understanding is that synthetic oil is not effected by contaminants
like gasoline and heat which tends to break down conventional oils.

>From my experience the 10W30 oil you drained out was probably less
viscous than the 5W30 you put in.

Scott May
'98 CC Sport+ 4x4 5.2L with a redesigned drink crusher

 Scott May
 Manager of Computer Services

 State University of New York
 College of Technology at Delhi