Re: shoulder harness failure

From: Compaq (agm@win.net)
Date: Sat Jun 13 1998 - 12:35:32 EDT

I am an accident victum. I am a talking dummy. I expect some injury from
any sudden stop. In the crash my dakota assorped a lot of enery and I will
be surprised if an expert finds the design or manufacture was defective.
However I always wear a seat belt and shoulder harness because if an
unexplained event happens I expect the protection provided. the seat belt
kept me from putting large bloody dents in the glove box door. This is one
of the only parts that is salvageable. The shoulder harness did not keep
me from the car interior. I had all the bruises from the shoulder harness
as if I had been restrained back in the seat. I credit the trend in auto
safety design for minimizing my injuries.
      I also am an engineer. I know when you find one bad part in a radom
sample {which is what we want crashes to be ] you will probably find more
when you survey and check the entire population . That means other folks
who haven't crash tested their shoulder harnesses may have their level of
confidenece lowered.
    I am looking for interest groups or lawyers who would like to see or
test my 92 DAK.
   It might interest people to know that I did buy another 96 DAK. It has
been tested by an expert and I believe the passenger side harness is ok