Re: New Dakotas

From: Hoopgj@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 13 1998 - 16:51:51 EDT

In a message dated 6/13/98 3:05:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
Bassfreak9@aol.com writes:

<< Does anyone know what engines will replace the 318 and the 360 in the '99
Dakota and Ram? >>

Was just talking to a major mopar man here in Wichita about that. I chased
down this guy driving a black CC R/T on my way back from the vid store. Turned
out to be one of the judges from the show I won last week. Anyway, he said
that it is supposed to be a dual overhead cam engine. He also said there is
talk of scrapping the entire magnum engine line to produce these engines.
(this makes the magnum R/T's worth more) He also told me that they are going
to produce 4000 R/t's in 99.Dont know if it is all just rumor, but that is
what most of CC changes are until they are ready to releace to the public.
George