Re: Re: DML Digest V3 #902

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 14 1998 - 16:11:19 EDT

<< But seriously , youse guys think it's worth it to swap to the electric fans
?

 Yes! Generally worth at LEAST 8 repeatable, measureable HP!

 Gene Beaird
 98 Dak R/T >>

That may be when the fan is not running. I had looked into them at one time
but the guy at the speed shop where I check told me that the clutch fan was
the better way to go as the Fan draws lots of juice when running and loads the
Alt which causes ya to lose what ya thought you'd gain. He has a dyno and flow
bench and has done a lot of testing with soup up stuff and tells it the way it
is. Just like the MSD I bought from him, he told me before I bought it that
the stock ignition was adequate for my set up and that the aftermarket
ignition was a waste of money but he said he would be willing to sell it to me
if I wanted it. I bought it and he was right.

My 2 cents worth of info.

Bill