Re: Dakota R/T vs. GMC Syclone

From: Robert Tufts (rbt@frontiernet.net)
Date: Tue Jun 16 1998 - 14:03:37 EDT

GMC Syclone Specs: Power to weight- 12.5 lb/HP
- 4.3L V6 Turbo Charged 280HP
- AWD
- 3500lbs
- 0-60MPH 5sec

Dodge Dakota R/T Regular Cab: Power to weight- 14 lb/HP
- 5.9L V8 250HP
- Rear wheel drive
- 3508lbs
- 0-60MPH 6.9sec

So guys it looks like the only thing the Dakota lacks is traction. What can
we do to improve this substantially? What is everyone's thoughts?

Sounds like alot to make up to me. The 8lbs weight is nothing, but the AWD and
30hp deficit is alot. I'd be curious what the torque curve is on the Turbo V6
is. I know the Buick GNX's did well with it. Sounds like the full time 4X4
from the Durango with Vortec(or something) would be a minimum.

-Bob T. '98 Sport+ CC 4X4 V8 5sp 4WABS 3.55 Towing