Re: newbie MSD question

From: Hoopgj@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 16 1998 - 18:59:24 EDT

In a message dated 6/16/98 9:01:08 AM Central Daylight Time, joe@selu.edu
writes:

<< Excuse my Ignorance for this question (but I am from the South heh-heh),
 and a neophryte, but I wanna install an MSD6-A and a Blaster 2 ON MY 98
 Dak 5.2 liter with the stock JEC.

 1. Will these parts work on this engine ?

 2. Will the wiring have to be "butchered" ? or is it a plug and swap
 install ? >>
Did it on my 96,and it only took about an hour. (or 2 beers, and 3 cigs) Ionly
had to cut 2 or 3 wires, and when I was done I wraped it all in wire loom.
Looks great.
George
Tip: when you cut off the one plug, cut it back about 3 or 4 inches from the
connector so if you want to return to stock ya can just splice it back in.