Re: Dakota R/T vs. GMC Syclone

From: jim miller (jmiller@eramp.net)
Date: Tue Jun 16 1998 - 19:59:43 EDT

> Trust me when I say the stock dak has no chance against the syclone. I work
> with a dude who brings his syclone out on nice days. Just for fun we lined up
> and went for it. I was doing good for about 4 seconds, but once he got the
> turbo spinning full boost, first thing I saw was the rear window of his truck,
> then the rear tire, then the tailgate, and finally brake lights. This is a
> really tough truck and should be given the respect it deserves.
> George
> Still love my Dak, even though she lost

  Jim Miller says;
Thats right. I owned a Syclone for 7 years and it was real quick. However I was
too rough on it and broke the engine 3 times. (burnt piston, cracked piston, 3
bent rods.) I sold it and bought another Dak.
(had a Shelby Dak before the Sy). It will take some work to make a Dak beat the
Sy, but the Dak sells for a lot less and will last a lot longer.
Jim Miller
Waco, Tx
98 rc swb V8
3.92 sg Mopar headers