Re: Crower 1.7 Roller Rockers

From: acasey@io.com
Date: Tue Jun 16 1998 - 19:48:12 EDT

> YOU BETTER BE CAREFUL!!!...
>
> the crowers are allowing stock dodge valves to wedge loose and get
> sucked after popping the keeper out! too true!
>
> thats why the PK is out
>
> stock springs are the killer
>
> don't listen to me... i only do dodges and i do them by the hundreds.
> two customers sucked valves who didn't listen to our advice...
>
> sincerely---good luck!
>
> jules

Jules, how do you get the keepers out. I replaced my springs about 2
months ago and could only get two keeper off, and I used 2 different
spring compressors. So I took the heads off, used a block of wood
against the valve and tapped the stem with a hammer (while the spring
was fully compressed), then beat the hell out of it with the
hammer. No go. After looking at the valve seats on the 2 valves that
I could get out, it was obvious a valve job was needed. I took the
heads to a head shop for the valve job. They said they had to cut
most of them off so as not to damage the heads. For some reason the
keepers grew to the retainers. Is this common? I've removed valves
several times before on other brands of motor and never had this
problem.

Thanks.
Alan...