Re: Changed thermostat

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 17 1998 - 21:10:39 EDT

<< I put a heavy duty Stant 180 t-stat in. The new t-stat looked much better
than the stock one, like Sean said in his article. The stock one looks cheap
in comparison. Anyway, I bolted everything back together, no leaks, and a
much cooler engine. >>

I attempted to install my 180 on Friday, but when I put the new thermostat in
place, it wouldnt seat. I spun it all the way around, and it still would not
seat. I pulled it out and compared it to the old one. Seems the new Stant
Super Duty T-stat was offset in its flange. The original was centered. I know
I checked the part number in the application book many times. I am positive I
got what the book said to get. Wonder if it was stamped wrong at the factory?
I havent gone back to get another yet. I will find out then. Needless to
say, I put the 195 back in. UUGGHH!! I hate when that happens.

Brad