RE: revving engine

From: Joe Dille (joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)
Date: Wed Jun 17 1998 - 22:01:32 EDT

Your problem may be the connection to the throttle position sensor (TPS). A new
sensor may have fixed the poor contacts temporaraly. Try disconnecting and
connecting the TPS several times to clean the contacts. You could also look
for bad grounds on the engine.

Drive Safe,

Joe

>Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 10:20:48 -0500
>From: USDA Federal Credit Union <slparker@usdafcu.org>
>Subject: RE: DML: revving engine
>
>- ------ =_NextPart_000_01BD99D9.9AD141C0
>
>No, it doesn't have cruise control. Well, it does when I get going fast =
>enough and then take my foot off of the gas, but I don't think that was =
>factory installed, if you know what I mean! :) I think that he did =
>replace the Throttle Position Sensor, but it only worked temporarily. =
>Any more ideas? I'll get him to look at the idle control valve, but I =
>think I remember him saying that wasn't it. That was one of the first =
>questions I asked him.

Joe Dille

Telford PA USA
(joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)