Re: Seat belt problems

From: Luslugger (agm@win.net)
Date: Sat Jun 20 1998 - 08:19:58 EDT

#
I am the person who hit the interior with my head. How did you find these
nhtsa files and how do you get name and phone number to go with them. How
do you find entries for 97 96 etc
  There are a lot of stories from people who suspect they have defects. I
have an accident reconstruction expert who reported that my 92 DAK
passenger shoulder harness was not effective. He also stated the crash was
at a speed where seat belts and shoulder harnesses are normally effective.
  When I have gotten what I think is a govt phone line, I have gotten voice
mail and put on hold. As a result of the injuries I can not write letters.
 These paragraphs are tremendous progress from where I was 3 months ago.

----------
> From: Bob DeChance <kbshadow@email.msn.com>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: Seat belt problems
> Date: Friday, June 19, 1998 7:58 PM
>
> #
> Some one on the list was trying to get information on Dakota seat belt
> failure, I found the attached three entries in the NHTSA files re Dakota
> seat belt failures, I hope this helps.
>
> Bob DeChance
> Stockton Ca.
>
> ODI ID: 531288
> Make: DODGE TRUCK
> Model: DAKOTA
> Year: 1998
> Date of Failure:
> Incident: No
> Fire: No
> Number of Injuries: 0
> Component: INTERIOR SYSTEMS:ACTIVE SEAT AND SHOULDER BELTS AND BELT
ANCHOR

> ----
> ODI ID: 820138
> Make: DODGE TRUCK
> Model: DAKOTA
> Year: 1998
> Date of Failure:
> Incident: No
> Fire: No
> Number of Injuries: 0
> Component: INTERIOR SYSTEMS:ACTIVE RESTRAINTS:BELT RETRACTORS
> PASSENGER'S SEAT BELT DID NOT RETRACT. *AK

> ----
> ODI ID: 820592
> Make: DODGE TRUCK
> Model: DAKOTA
> Year: 1998
> Date of Failure:
> Incident: No
> Fire: No
> Number of Injuries: 0
> Component: INTERIOR SYSTEMS:PASSIVE RESTRAINT:BELTS
> PASSENGER'S SEAT BELT DID NOT RETRACT. PLEASE GIVE ANY FURTHER DETAILS.
*AK