Re: Open Element Air Cleaners: Some temperature

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 22 1998 - 23:41:00 EDT

At 10:57 PM 6/21/98 +0000, you wrote:
>This weekend I picked-up a very cool gadget from a local Radio
>Shack. The Shack sells an "Auto/RV Thermometer" for $15. It
>is about the size of a pack of gum and comes with a 6-foot
>lead and termperature sensor.

[...]
>I challenge all Dak owners with to purchase the same "Auto/RV"
>thermometer from a local Radio Shack and report their results.
>Mount that baby on your mirror and guide the "measuring part"
>under your hood. Post the results.

I'm planning to homebrew something like that in the near future,
but with a bunch of sensors so I can measure the temp at different
locations simultaneously. Once I get that done, I'll definitely take
you up on your offer and post my findings.

  Of course, to anyone attempting to do this: BE CAREFUL! Drive
the truck first, read the temps second. :-)

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (15.21@89.82), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |