Re: '99 model questions

From: John C. Worden (scirocco@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Jun 24 1998 - 17:25:07 EDT

>>> You know, this makes me wonder. Although I am a big fan of RWD for
>>>tradition, simplicity of maintenance, and familiarity of driving technique
>>>reasons, sometimes I think that a FWD truck would be a much better
>>>architecture. Usually I'm thinking this when I'm trying to haul the boat
>>>up a slick ramp ;) .
>>>
>>> Why no FWD trucks?
>>>
>>> Ron

VW made their little rabbit pickups. They had no power and even if they
had a lot it probably would have been too much for the unibody. They
stopped making them and now they kind of expensive because they're
economical and are great for small/light loads.

John '98 Dak cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue, Leer Classic tonneau,
               Pioneer DEH-P85DHR, ventshades
          '84 Scirocco