Chrysler/Daimler

From: Gary Ludwick (gludwick@csi.com)
Date: Wed Jun 24 1998 - 22:32:25 EDT

You wrote:
There may not be any comingaling of brands but you better bet your
>ass they use some of our vehicles under the Mercedes logo!! I know for a
fact
>that will happen. When they say that, they mean that you will never see a
>Chrysler product on the floor of a MB dealer and visa-versa, but you will
see
>our cars with their names!! Just like in Canada, Mexico and Europe, the
Dodge
>Neon and Stratus arent Dodges, theyre Chryslers. Well, your gonna see a
lot of
>Mopars in Europe with Mercedes stars on 'em!!

MB, to my knowledge, has never put its name or logo on ANY car it didn't
engineer and build...unlike some CC's we could name.
And if they want to ruin the reputation they've spent 100+ years building,
no quicker way I can think of than badging CC cars as their own. Not that I
don't love my Dak....but it ain't no Benz.
Regardless of what you know for a fact, I'll believe it when I see it...and
probably not even then.
It would be about as smart as VW rebadging the Rolls Royce as an Audi!
Gary

The Internet - Living proof that 10,000 monkeys in a room with 10,000
typewriters will NOT
eventually duplicate the works of Shakespeare!