Fwd: K&N milage problem

From: RLewis7785@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 25 1998 - 10:17:28 EDT

--part0_898784248_boundary

From: RLewis7785@aol.com
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: DML: K&N milage problem
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 12:51:02 EDT

In a message dated 6/24/98 8:21:35 AM Central Daylight Time,
hemi@mindspring.com writes:

<< Hey Richard , I bought the same filter setup for mine because I couldn't
 find the other one at the time . I like the way it looks , but I don't
 think it could flow as much as the FABM because of the metal bracket in the
 middle . >>

Hey, good to see someone else out there with the same setup.

This would be a hard one to call without some tests, but, I will say that if
Edelbrocks estimate of 1000CFM is even close, it is more than enough, with or
without the bracket. Our truck (in stock trim) only requires about 500CFM
(V8). I feel like that once you have more than enough, more doesn't do
anything.

The bracket however will (and I'm sure it does) make a difference in the
turbulence of the air, but with an S-bolt, it is over an inch above the bores,
so I would think its effect is negligible.

BTW, How long you had your setup? Any Problems?

I applied a strip of weather-stripping (closed cell foam) around my base where
the element rests. I discovered right after I put it on, I drove through some
blown sand, and I found some sand inside the cleaner on the TB face (AGHHH!).
Apparently there are some gaps at the perimeter of the base where the inside
wire basket (for lack of better description) slips under the foam.

Reply by private E-mail if response is not DML worthy.

Richard Lewis
92 LE CC, 318, Auto.

--part0_898784248_boundary--